There are many opinions among professional fundraisers regarding the value of direct mail. Some don't see the benefit in comparison to the resources used for such an effort. However, many consider it the best way to grow the organization's donor base. At any rate, most think it should be incorporated into the organization's fundraising plan because direct mail:
- Can help the organization identify new donors
- Can be used for public relations
- Increases the organization's visibility
- Helps the organization identify potential volunteers
- Helps to publicize new programs
Learn more about how nonprofits are using the Internet to raise money.
- Mal Warwick & Associates provides an overview of Internet fundraising, links to some fundraising sites, and other pertinent information.
- Network for Good provides links to articles about online fundraising..
In order for events to raise significant capital they
have to become well-established, much-anticipated community
traditions. This requires a great deal of work, persistence,
and donor cultivation, as well as years of refining and expanding